Sunday, October 19, 2008

A hunting I went....

So this weekend I went home (of course) to Bear Lake to join the family for the weekend hunt. My family is HUGE into hunting and the whole family joins in...including my baby niece Brylee, we love it. Well I got home Friday and went on the usual evening hunt up the canyon behind the house...not seeing much but a few does. My mom and dad went with me in what we call "The Huntin Truck" which is an old red Ford flat bed diesel...this thing is A BEAST...lol. Well it was uneventful. My brother Travis convinced me that I needed to join him on a hunt with horses, on the steepest brushiest craziest mountain behind our house...me being the tard that I am joyfully agreed because going anywhere with Travis is always a good time. But on Saturday morning Travies knee was swollen from the previous evening gettin Uncle Dudes bull out of what we like to call the Hole which lives up to its name and is a huge patch of trees that you could get lost in. Well long story short we ended up sittin at Windy Camp for a few hours watching the engergetic people hike Middle Ridge and North Pearl (the crazy steep mountain). Well I decided I would hike down the Switch Backs and meet up with everyone at the bottom. Well I went on my merry little way picking my way thru a giant rock patch and some very deep timber. Well I got nearly to the bottem when I realized I had lost my radio, and the family rule is you find it or you replace it. Well I had no intentions of replacing it so I started to retrace my steps back up the mountain...and then I heard it....my radio...somewhere far up the mountain, I could barely hear it beep when someone was talking so I ran and then they stopped talking so I stopped...and then I ran again cause they would start talking again...I did this till I was nearly 3/4 of the way back UP the mountain and I finally found it...hanging in a tree...about 100 yards from the top of the mountain...good thing I was in the mood for a hike cause then I had to hike back to the bottem to catch a ride home!! On Saturday afternoon Jen came out to the house to do some Senior pictures...we had such a good time...we laughed all stinkin day. I love that girl...she is the little sister I never had....but she really doesnt act little...we have the same mentallity most of the time. My family loves her too...she fits right in with my crazy out of control family!! :) Well that is all for now!!!

No comments: